Giving Day is a day where people give away things they no longer need or want to raise money for others.
A Giving Day is a day when people give away things they no longer need or want to raise money for others. The idea of the giving day came from an event called “The Big Give” in the UK, which was started by the charity, The Big Issue Foundation. Giving Days are also popular in America and Canada.
There are Giving Days for various causes, such as:
- Women’s rights
- Animal welfare
- Children’s rights
- Human rights
- Health and medical research
- Environmental protection
- Charity, etc.
Giving Day was created by the charity World Vision as an alternative to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It was created as a way for people to show their support for humanitarian efforts around the world without spending money on these events that are often associated with market-driven consumption.
Free Tools for Your Giving Day:
Nonprofit software and apps are tools that help nonprofit organizations to be more efficient. They can help with fundraising, communication, and other tasks.
- Fundraising software: This software helps non-profit organizations raise money for their cause by creating a personalized campaign based on the donor’s preferences.
- Social media management software: This software helps non-profit organizations to manage their social media presence, including posting content and scheduling posts.
- Communication tools: These tools help manage email campaigns, newsletters, and other forms of communication.
- Donor management app: This app helps non-profits track donors from the time they donate until it is processed by the organization. It also provides reports about donations made by different people or sources so that organizations can better understand the impact their efforts are having.
- Crowdfunding app: Crowdfunding is a new form of fundraising that allows people to raise money in small amounts through various methods, such as iConnectX, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and GoFundMe. This app helps nonprofits find donors who fit their ideal demographic for donations and enables them to raise money for projects by being able to set fundraising goals.
- Social media: Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can stir up support for a cause. They also provide nonprofits with a way to share their message and raise awareness about their mission.
Tips on How to Plan Out Your Giving Day:
Giving Day is a day where you celebrate the generosity of your loved ones by hosting an event to raise money for charity. It’s a day where you can show the world that you care about people in need.
Here are some tips on how to plan out your giving day:
1. Choose a charity that aligns with your values and passions.
2. Pick an easy-to-organize activity that will help you raise funds for charity, such as baking cookies or selling crafts at a market stall.
3. Make sure to have enough food and drinks on hand for all of your guests, as well as plenty of toiletries and clothes if needed.
4. Have fun with it!